Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NEWS!

So of course Im behind on this darned thing... when am I not? But, I have some delightful/terrifying/exciting news.

I Am Moving Back To Chicago

Not til January, and I will only have lived in California for a little over a year; but I feel as though it has been MUCH longer already. Its been like being on a vacation from real life, from the real world. When I came out here I desperately needed to get away. I was in such a dark rut, creatively and emotionally. So when the chance to come out here for a while came, I just jumped at it. California is beautiful. I have had a wonderful little love affair with it. But all affairs must come to an end mustn't they? I will greatly miss the beach, my heart will ache for the beach. And for the hilly San Francisco streets and all the memories I once had there. And of course the Reeds have become my second family and I will miss their whole clan just so much.

I feel as though I have been here for years, but at the same time its like my life has been put on pause. I worked constantly and never really made much of a concerted effort to establish my own little life out here, I never really became a part of any community. I think deep down I knew that I didnt belong here. I need crisp, cold days and sky high buildings. (Granted I could find that in SF, but its just so cramped Id feel suffocated). 

I need to go back to reality. Haha, my life is full of fresh starts and moving around and changing. But I like it that way. I dont like too much of the same thing for very long, Id prefer to have lots of different adventures. Before I settle in back in Chicago I am going to make a trip to either Paris for a solo adventure, or Edinburgh to visit the one good friend that I did make out west here. I need to see something that puts me in Awe. I need to breathe deeply, to breathe deeply in a place rich in History, and Art, and Culture. I always say I want to do this, so I am making myself do it now. Before I get tied up in rent that needs to be paid and jobs that I have to go to. 

So Onward and Upward dear ones, on to the next Great Adventure. 

Deep Breath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment