Thursday, April 19, 2012

WOAH.

So a year, eh? Good thing no one is sitting on the edge of their seat gripping the laptop, knuckles white, awaiting, with baited breath of course, the next thing I have to post.

It has certainly been a year of changes. From my mother's kick-ass overcoming of her breast cancer, to my (current) search for a new job and apartment(I think Devin and I found a magical one!), to my sister starting Junior High and my new über talented bf... yeah definitely a lot of change. Spanning the range from marvelous to borderline tragic- never a dull moment that is for sure.

My friend Devin and I are looking for our dream apartment, that can be afforded by two 24 year olds, one of them with no job at the moment(me)... Who knew we had such crazy standards? Well I guess we did, that's why it's been so hard to find a place. So many places that realtors have taken us to see are just so... Sterile... and flat, with no Life to speak of. Or they are meth lab type tiny spaces for dirty college students... Is a little vintage character(with high ceilings and hardword floors and a space to make an art studio) too much to ask for Chicago?!

I also really would enjoy having a job... I know, I know... I'm asking a lot, so greedy Hannah... you want a place to live(that's super rad) AND a job? Who do you think you are?

Anyways, just a brief update, mostly for my own benefit, so that when I am old and senile I can look back and remember a few minor details about my life at this age.

I really am going to try and start posting interesting things... I have some cool things to share, some rad people who make cool art, etc...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I totally have faith that you'll find a splendid place- the magical moment will come and you'll wonder how you ever lived anywhere else. At least that's how I feel now- Ben and I just moved into the house where we had our wedding reception and are loving it immensely.

    I can't wait for your cool sharings and art :)

    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete